Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our life...boring!

Not much has been going on over in our neck of the woods. We decided to go sell security systems for the summer. Jake is currently in North Carolina and has been for the last month. We were planning on staying in North Carolina but some things came up and we are now going to be going to St. Louis, Missouri. Poor Jake has to back track after driving all the way to North Carolina and go back twelve hours to St. Louis. Me and Jett will be flying out on Monday (wish me luck on the flight with Jett). I'm so glad I didn't have to drive. Having to take care of Jett all by myself has DEFINATELY tested my patience. Jake did have to come home for the weekend to take for selling, or something like that. I had to take him back to the airport on Monday and as Jake said by to Jett, Jett started crying so hard. It was so sad to watch. It broke my heart. He is so confused about whether his dad is coming or going. I didn't realize how much it would affect him. Jett LOVES his daddy. Anytime he picks up a phone, he'll say, "Hi Daa!!" (Daa means dad) whether Jake is really on the phone or not. I guess he is just used to talking to Jake on the phone all the time now. I can't wait to get out to St. Louis with Jake and be a family again and for Jett to realize that daddy is here to stay.
A little more about Jett...
He just finished his swimming lessons. I don't know if they did much because the kid wouldn't listen to any instructions and just wanted to do his own thing. He is not fearless at all. He wanted me to just let go of him and let him go off on his own. Little does he not quite get yet, that he would sink to the bottom if I did that. Jett is OBSESSED with the toliet. I can't even tell you how many times I have caught him in the toliet and he is SO SO SO fast at climbing in. Its like a snap of the fingers and he's in the toliet. Naughty little boy!! Jett is a hand full and gets into EVERYTHING! I try to tell myself that he is just a curious little boy and wants to explore everything and anything about everything and anything. He's started to really use his voice and talk and communicate a lot better. His new word is, "poopy!" He says it with the cutest little voice and a funny little accent. Jett climbs on EVERYTHING! I have to really keep my eye on him. The kid has ABSOLUTELY NO FEAR AT ALL!! Scary for me, but over all he is such a fun little boy and I love every minute i get to spend with him. Love him!!!

Fell asleep in the car
Swinging all by himself

He went and played in the rain storm with my dad. Funniest story, he caught a butterfly (don't ask me how), smooshed it in his hand, threw it on the ground, and then stepped on it. He LOVED playing in the rain with grandpa. He sat in the gutter, played in the mud and ate the mud.


Playing, "Ring Around The Rosies" with Ryah (is that how you say that song).



All ready for church in his cute new Easter purple shirt.




And the toliet, this is one of ten million times he's done this.


In his new prison jammies from grandma.

Poor little guy fell on my straightener and didn't even cry. I didn't think he got burned till I noticed this a couple hours later.

3 comments:

cole linnae said...

AH. i love him. and you. i hope i get to see you before you go! i move home on friday. ALSO.. my friend who is married and pregs lives in st. louis! maybe you'll meet her :) i love you whit. you're a great momma, even if your son enjoys sitting in the toilet!!

Shayna said...

WHIT! its soo good to see how you are! i am glad you are posting once in a while :) Jett is soo funny.. i can only imagine him getting into the toilet! :)

Toni said...

I miss you guys! Hope things are going well. Let's go to lunch when you get back!