Friday, February 19, 2010

No time!

Sorry to those of you who read my blog, I'm sure there's not many of you! =) I'm staying so busy with school, the joys of being a mom, and working. I'm going to school full time so whenever I have a little free time, I have my nose glued to my homework. Just when I feel like I'm all caught up, another week starts with a whole other work load of homework. Can't wait for school to be over so I can enjoy a relaxing summer, I guess thats if I decide not to do summer school. Jake is staying busy taking care of Jett while I'm at school in the mornings and then he's off to work at 3 till 1:30. We definately are busy but we both enjoying the little time we have together.

Enough about us. Jett is 14 months now and I just love that little guy to death. Whenever I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is take one look at him and he makes it all better. He's getting so funny and SOOO busy. He's been walking since he was a little over 10 months old. I try to get homework done while he's playing but he wants to be down on the ground with him and any second I turn my back, he's taking off to get in the toilet or into the pantry pulling out all the food he can reach. Speaking of the pantry, about a month ago, Jett snuck off to the pantry and headed right for a big glass bottle full of vinegar. Jake was getting ready to go back to work after his break so I was off at the door telling him by when we heard Jett start to scream. Remember when I posted that Jett holds his breath when he cries and will pass out? Well sure enough he started holding his breath and turning purple, passed out, and started to seize. Wow, I can't even begin to express the feeling that came over me as I sat there, watching my little baby lay on the ground seizing, knowing there was nothing I could do other than to watch and pray that everything is ok. Jake called 911 and we had the paramedics out to the house in no time. Jett seized for about a minute. That was definately the LONGEST minute of my life. After the seizure was over, Jett was EXHAUSTED!!! He couldn't stand up and all he wanted to do was sleep. By the time the paramedics got there, Jett was passed out (asleep) in my arms. They checked him out and everything was fine. They didn't seem too worried since there was a reason behind it (dropping the bottle on his toe). They told us to just watch him and make sure he doesn't start all of a sudden to seize while he's playing or doing something like that. The next morning Jett was back to his normal self and I was so relieved. Being a mother, my worst fear is to watch my baby suffer when there is nothing I can do. We have had more moments where Jett holds his breath but we've learned that if you throw cold water in his face, it makes him take a breath. So to any of you who watch him and he gets hurt and holds his breath, throw cold water in his face. Other than that, Jett is full of energy and smiles.

I'm going to be getting Jett in swimming lessons the end of march and put him in a gymnastics class during the summer (and its not what you think, it just helps with there large motor skilles like running, jumping, climbing, throwing, etc.). I wanted to do one sooner because Jett is getting so sick and tired of staying inside all day but I can't seem to find a place that will take any kids younger than 18 months. Any ideas from anyone on what I can do with an energetic, 14 month boy to keep him entertained? I would post some pictures but Jett LOVES my camera and lost it. I have searched everywhere for it but I can't seem to find it. Sorry for the long and boring post. I will try to post once a week so they aren't so stinkin long!!

2 comments:

Shayna said...

whit! i had no idea jett held his breath lol! not funny, but kinda! how long has he been doing that! cute blog..

cole linnae said...

i love your blog. blog more often dangit! miss you.